Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm back

Sorry I haven't written but I have been really busy the last couple of weeks. Seven Springsteen concerts can do that to you. Getting to them and getting home from them is exhausting. But when he takes the stage and rocks you for three hours, you forget all the crap you went through to brave the crowds and the uncomfortable seats (that you don't sit in once the show starts) and all the other distractions leading up to it all. And with the way things are, these shows may be the last. Chopper got to touch Bruce's leg. I was unable to get into the pit with them because I had to work. I had asked for so many concessions at work for the previous shows that I just couldn't ask for that day off, too. So I didn't get out in time to get the wristband and get into the pit. And someone had to look after Mommy and make sure that she got from Burlington to the show. But if anyone deserves to touch him, it was Chopper. She gets the tickets, pays for the tickets, arranges for transportation and all that stuff, so I was as happy as she was when I saw her touch his leg. Now, I have to get my house cleaned up and prepped for the holidays. Work has settled down and is not as unpleasant as it was. I am enjoying it again. But when you are going through a bad patch, you feel as though it will never end. I am now having trouble getting my flu shot. Its always something

No comments:

Post a Comment