Friday, September 11, 2009

Really big storm

I don't know whether it was because I made a joke about 9/11 last night, but boy did I have a bad night! The howling wind and lashing rain woke me up, so I decided to get Spencer's things that I was going to mail to him off the porch because I knew it would leak. It was really bad, the worst I had ever seen it. I went up to bed and was stressing about mopping up that mess and the basement because that leaks too when all of a sudden there was a loud electrical buzzing sound and the room filled with a bright light from outside...then the clock went black and I knew the power was out and that a transformer close by had blown up. It was one at the end of the block at Lansing and Castor and it wasn't long before the crews were out working on it. Fortunately, Mike turns the computer off at night, so any power surge was prevented. But I couldn't go back to sleep. The power came on about an hour later, but I am still a little shook up. I started trying to squeegee the water in the basement into the drain, but the rain is supposed to continue till tomorrow. I don't know how I will feed Tuxedo. Nothing is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment