Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some thoughts about work

Sometimes I feel that I am not doing as well as I am expected to do at work. Just when I think I am really kicking ass, one of the managers will point out something else that needs to be done or that should've been done and it seems that tha amazing things that I did get done aren't acknowledged. Praise is being lavished on people who are doing what they are supposed to be doing, but I reset the entire back of the cashwrap, sell twenty new memberships on one week (and a lot of renewals, too) had two night shifts all alone at cashwrap, but it is as if that isn't anything special. And I find out yesterday that the reason I haven't been doing the monthly plan wasn't because I wasn't around at the end of the last couple of months it was because my math skills were wrong. Why didn't they tell me? Or at least give me more time so that I can do it right. I guess I just want them to think I am a valuable member of the staff. I dwell on it, too, because I used to come home and talk to Spencer and then I would let it go or at least I would feel that the job was important, but taking care of Spencer was more important. With Spencer away, the job has moved up in importance. Ah, well...adjustments for everybody!
1. Had another great membership day which gives me a great membership week
2. I close with Jeremy tonite
3. I got a letter from Spencer yesterday!! (that should be number one, but I don't feel like changing these around)
4. Mr Vallee is home
5. I got a lot of the Sunday paperwork done last night
6. The insurance money came and Spencer's tuition should be taken care of for his entire four years at Yale.

No comments:

Post a Comment