Monday, January 25, 2010

The Rollercoaster Ride Continues

Well, after another meltdown at work, Mike and I worked out a deal where I take a week off of work without pay and try to get things together. I wanted to get a family meeting and work out some kind of schedule so that I could help out with the care of the Gator and still be able to work and keep my house. Well, we got together and it was productive and I was able to get back to Mike and tell him what we worked out and that it shouldn't affect my schedule with them and I would still be able to take care of myself. I would use this week to get my house completely clean so that I would have a nice tidy sanctuary to come to after a tough day at work or Gator tending. Sounds like we worked it all out, right? Well, the Gator just kept going downhill, so we spent till 2:00 am in the ER. We think things might actually work out...then they screw up and then send her to the ICU that she was in 6 years ago. But a lot has changed since then and perhaps things will be better this time. Chopper is staying with me...which is good so that she doesn't have to face going to the house without the Gator. Sometimes I think she will pull out of it and other times I just can't believe she could possibly survive this.

1. I don't have to worry about work for this week and I can concentrate on my housework and still be able to visit the hospital
2. Got all the curtains washed and ironed in the living room, dining room and sun room
3. Spencer got the classes that he wanted this semester
4. Things seem to be under control at the hospital for the time being

No comments:

Post a Comment